Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cooking In My New Bean Pot & A Soy Ginger Chicken Recipe:)

Have you ever heard of a Bean Pot?

I hadn't until I received one from a friend who is a consultant for Celebrating Home. It is like a slow cooker for your oven. Way cool! Not to mention it is really pretty.  The bean pot is hand painted/glazed and made from east Texas clay (woot woot! for USA materials!), it is also dishwasher, microwave and oven safe. Can I get an "amen" up in here for cool cooking tools that I can throw in the dishwasher? We don't need no dishpan hands! My bean pot also keeps all my foods warm or chilled for up to 3-4 hours which is perfect because if I ever have to bring food somewhere crockpot style and there is no plug then my bean pot will save the day.

I found this great slow cooking recipe on http://www.marthastewart.com for soy ginger chicken and I am going to share my first experience cooking in my pretty bean pot.


^^^ Isn't she pretty?

I gathered up all of my ingredients and mixed them straight into the pot to make this delicious smelling mixture for my chicken to bake in...


I popped in the chicken, put the lid on the pot and baked it at 325 for a little over an hour.
In the meantime I prepared the sides, asian salad and white rice.


My family chowed down on this! There wasn't even a piece of rice left over!

After dinner I was going to put my pot in the dishwasher but to my surprise while I rinsed it out everything came right off! The glazed surface kept everything from being a baked on mess. I could get used to that...I hate scrubbing stuff!

I was really impressed by my bean pot and because I have retired my BBQ for the wet cold months upon us I have been inspired to bring out my cozy slow cooking recipes to try in my bean pot. I have also been inspired to scrounge around Pinterest for some new recipes! Hmmm, so what am I cooking in my bean pot tomorrow??

White bean chicken chili. YUM.

Cheers to a cozy fall!

What are you cooking??

3 comments:

  1. Yes!! Love it!
    Fall Bundle Savings available! email for details to redsolis@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kama!!! It's Andrea ...I soooooo need one of those pots! Where can I get one here in S.D.???? Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Andrea! I can get you one... there are many to choose from! Colors/patterns...Fedex Delivers right to your door! Just email me and ill send you the info!! redsolis@aol.com

    Brandy Solis
    Senior Executive with Celebrating Home

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!