Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Purple kicks

This shot was made possible by my new toy...the Canon 24-70mm 2.8L lens (I feel so pro!). Hubbs kindly offered to treat me to this lens for our anniversary (19 years of being together! Holla!!). Can I say one thing? BEST. GIFT. EVER. Jewelery is not my thing although I do catch myself at Costco every now and then staring into the jewelry cases at all the pretty sparkly's. This is usually short lived as within seconds I am turning around to play with all the cameras and gadgets. The older I get the more I realize what a nerd I am.

Yesterday I was so excited to start using my new toy right away. I set the dog up and got a few shots but she looked scared of the big monster lens and laid there while I was taking pictures as if I was punishing her. So I stopped my doggie shoot, gave her a cookie and some loves and she was happy again. I figured I would do a few shots of the kiddos but they were not due home until about four which meant I was losing that precious northern exposure! So the second the kids walked through the front door after school I was like "photo shoot!!" to which they replied in grumbly miserable child style "nooo I don't want you to take my pictures AGAIN." In true mom-like-bribe fashion I said "five minutes of pictures and you can open a box of thin mints."

"DEAL."

I got this great little picture of my daughters pretty purple kicks while she was sitting on grandpa's old stool. Thank god my girl scout cookies got delivered because there were no other treats in this house and who knows I might not have got this cute shot!



(And check me out peeps...I am getting all fancy with mah blog logo up in here!) 

After I tinkered with the picture on elements using some yummy Florabella actions my daughter and I were bumping brains and we thought it would be cute to do a little series of this picture. One with flip flops to represent summer, one with mary jane's to represent fall, one with snow boots to represent winter and this one above would be spring. Then we would print, frame and hang them in her room!

And this is why I love taking pictures. I go out snap a couple shots on the front porch and pretty soon I have come up with a fun project and art display!

Until next post~
Kama


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!