Friday, December 3, 2010

Girly Tree...

Every year I do the same tree. I use the same old ornaments, which I love dearly because they are all from somewhere special, someone special or hand made by my kiddos. But this year I wanted to try something new! Something glittery, something shiny...something GIRLY.

I know from years past that when you see something Christmasy you like after Halloween you have to act fast because chances are you probably wont get to go back and find them again. Plus if you change your mind you can always return things! So that is what I did. Right after Halloween when the stores began to pump out the Christmas gear I started picking up ornaments for my "girly" tree. 

I found these adorable silver glittery ornaments at Walmart for $1...


I picked them out in stars, dragonflies, butterflies and birds. I also found them in cute little words...


As you can see in this picture I also found pretty little diamonds that came in a package of 24 for $5.99 from Target. I also changed up the garland to this delicate tinsel that while I was buying it couldn't decide if it was "tacky tinsel" or "vintagey cuteness!" I think it turned out vintagey cute and for $1.50 for 75 yards I think it was a steal!


I always love to find a good Pottery Barn knock-off. Here I found these jeweled snowflakes at a fraction of the Pottery Barn price. At $2 a pop from Target I couldn't pass them up! Way better than the PB price tag of $20...


Here are those ornaments that Lily and I made (who knew a paper shredder could come in handy for a craft project)...


And just because every holiday seems to need a splash of owls around here! We found these cute little guys at Target...


I can never leave out a bit of family history. Before Grandma Lala passed away she would buy each of our kids a Lennox ornament every Christmas. Every year they hang on our tree no matter how I decorate it. I chose my new ornaments around these historical ornaments! It is how we keep Grandma's Christmas cheer with us throughout the season...


And now the tree. I found the skirt at TJ Maxx (which by the way has the cutest Christmas decorations right now!) and instead of using a traditional angel or star at the top I bought some glittery picks and stuck them into the tree branches. I think it turned out really sparkly...just the way I wanted it! It also helps that I used ten boxes of white tree lights to light the sucker up!!



Happy holidays friends and family!

Kama

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is soooo pretty, one day I'm going to have one like that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! I love all the silver and glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!