Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall photo shoot drama.

You know I am pretty lucky.
My kids are (for the most part) always well behaved. I would say 10% of the time they act up. 
Yesterday they decided to be that 10% during a span of 20 minutes while I wanted to do a little photo shoot with them in Camas underneath the beautiful fall trees.

Let me explain how important this was to me...

#1. It was a beautiful sunny day.
#2. There was no wind.
#3. The leaves were all falling and on the last few days of looking their best.
#4. I repeat: It was a beautiful sunny day!
#5. THIS IS A RARE OPPORTUNITY for us NW people.

For some reason they didn't care as much as I did and they all decided to morph back into two-year-olds yesterday. It went something like this...

Me:  "I am trying to learn MANUAL on my camera guys!"

Them:  (Eye ball roll) "Can you just push the button?"

Me:  "Don't roll your eyes at me!"

"SNAP" goes the camera.

Kids as they are scattering away:  "Are we done? This is BORING!

Me: "Grrrr! JJ has his eyes closed! Do over!"

Them:  Huff, puff, grumble, sigh, eye ball roll, standing limply with fake smiles plastered on their bored faces.

Me:  "Come on! Everyone say Daddy has stinky feet!!"

No response & eye ball roll.

Me:  "OK I am done."

Them with big (real) smiles on their faces:  "Yaaaay!! Lets go home!"

I did get a few snapshots that I am thankful for because getting them to cooperate yesterday was harder than getting them to the dentist to get teeth pulled. Usually they are good about pictures. Yesterday...not so much.  It would be because the outdoor setting was perfect and I had to think about how to use my camera. Murphy's law I suppose.

Here are a couple of my favorites!

This is JJ's face while waiting for sisters 1, 2, and 3 argue about who was going to stand where...


One of the few where everyone has their eyes open, is looking at the camera and is smiling at the same time...


Trying to make little brother laugh!


So cute! There is always one in the bunch not looking! LOL...



And my favorite of all...


Motherhood brings forth so many challenges.  Challenges that test your patience, anxiety, frustration and ability to "let go" while they are making you feel all of this. I hope they don't challenge me anytime soon! Don't get me wrong...I love and adore my kids but I will be the first to say "They and I are not perfect!" We are just a normal family with everyday ups and downs!

Until next time...

Have a great day~
Kama

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile because I also took my son to the park for the same thing yesterday. I feel like I missed the bus though because the trees were so much fuller last week and being a newbie to actual fall trees, I thought they'd last a bit longer. Being as I only have one child it was a bit easier than wrangling in four to get a good shot, although I really like the pics you posted-sometimes it's more fun when personalities are depicted in photos instead of just a nice smile, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the last photo. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!