Monday, November 29, 2010

Catching up to do!

I have not disappeared! I just took a mini vacation!

No I did not go anywhere.

My bestie from San Diego came up for a visit for 10 days and I wanted to devote 100% of my time to her. I had so much fun having her up and all we did was two things...

We ate.

And we shopped.

It was AWESOME! But now we are both kicking off our "back on track" eating and exercise habits today before she leaves back home this evening. I am strapping on my Bodybugg today to keep me on track and going back to weighing myself every single day (because I am obsessive like that and despite what people say about weighing yourself everyday and how it is not ideal, it works for me). I do have to say that we made it to the gym once and it made me really wish my bestie lived close to me because we work out really well together. We also plan on going today before she leaves just so we can officially say we kicked off our diets together! LOL. I cleaned out the fridge last night tossing out all the naughty holiday goodies that were still hanging around and today I will be restocking the fridge with all of my healthy foods! I am not used to so much eating out so I feel quite puffy and a little more tired than normal. It really is amazing how foods make you feel. 

We had a great Thanksgiving together and as usual I made a RIDICULOUS amount of food and snacked waaaaay too much on deviled eggs while I was cooking our family feast!

Here was our simple Thanksgiving table...

And while I cooked we enjoyed a little of this in our champagne!...


Isn't that the "Juicy Couture" of liqueur bottles?! It made the yummiest pink champagne!

This evening I say "goodbye" to my bestie. This is the part I hate the most about people visiting but at the same time it reminds me how important and valuable my friendships are. I have the most amazing circle of girlfriends a girl could ever ask for. They are like my sisters and I am so lucky to have all of them in my life. 




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful 10 days for you. Glad to see you are back and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a great time with your bestie! Can you tell me what the body bug thing is? I have about 7 or 8 lbs. to lose from the stress of moving and I am ready to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!