Saturday, October 23, 2010

Touches of Halloween popping up in the 6Pack house!

I love fall decorating and of my fall gear is put out in early September. By the time Halloween rolls around I just add a few Halloween touches around the main living area and front porch. This really excites my two younger kiddos! My older kiddos? Well, lets say they just run and hide when they see me pull out the old Rubbermaid bins from the basement as this usually requires their help! And isn't it funny how they suddenly have "TONS OF HOMEWORK?!"

Yeah, we will see how much homework they have as soon as I set out the candy dishes!

Teenagers!

I have a mix of things I like to put out. Some are secondhand, some were bought brand new and some were handmade. Nothing I have really matches, they are just the little things that I like!

I found this sign at Walmart last year. It is perfect for Halloween but I am thinking it should be left up all year to serve as a warning for those who don't put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher!


This cute little guy was found at a local little thrift store called Treasure House!
  

These pretty orange candle holders were also found at Treasure House for $2.49!


I found these cute little ceramic pumpkins at DollarTree...



A little crow from Michaels after Halloween sale last year and a Halloween Yankee Candle picked up from Marshalls are the perfect little touch to the coffee table.


A few years back I made this little pumpkin guy out of an old book by folding each page inward (took me awhile) then cutting out a face and gluing it on to the front.


I also made this banner a couple years back out of extra cardstock and scrap booking stuff that I had on hand. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the lettering.


And of course here is one of my little "splurges" from the Yankee Candle shop. The kids and I are always drawn to owls because my husband's grandmother (who is no longer with us) loved owls! So when we see them we we usually can not pass them up. We all like the little things that remind us of someone special and our "Grandma Lala" was truly someone special who also shared a love for holiday celebrating and decorating!



Hope you are enjoying the season as much as I am! I am trying to keep my seasonal decorating simple and clutter free by choosing only a few things out of my Rubbermaid bins. I find that if I keep it less fussy it is easier to maintain the seasonal things when I have to dust and clean! This leaves more time for family fun and after all isn't that what the season is all about anyway?!

Have a great weekend!
Kama


1 comment:

  1. Thats funny you should mention owls. My 8 year old granddaughter is in love with them. I am looking for owl themed things for Christmas. I did find some stuff on National Geographic and Etsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Inspiration? Love? Share with me!